Posts tagged tweak
TOPIC: In case you had any doubts, this week proves once again that your passwords and online accounts are anything but secure! Mike gives you some REAL advice on how to protect yourself (when you can anyways) …
To sweeten the pot we bring in awesome returning guest Kraig Lane from iolo Technologies, who talks to us about speeding that computer up, some of the myths and reality of Internet and PC slowdowns (and the software that purports to fix them), what’s in store with Windows 8 and mobile OS … plus some great info on System Mechanic and the newest versions available!
We get in a handful of great coolsites of week too:
- ManualsLib – A great collection of manuals for stuff you have around the house … never be lost without instructions again!
- GasBuddy – Find the cheapest gas around you!
- DuckDuckGo – Alternative, more secure and less intrusive search engine.
The podcast only song of the week is “Youth Without Youth” by Metric.
TOPIC: Author and musician Mike Miller comes back to the show to talk to us about making the most out of that ‘dying’ PC. If you’re debating whether you should upgrade to a newer piece of equipment or if it’s possible to squeeze some more useful life out of what you’ve got, you’ll want to listen in this week! His tips and insight are also good in general, and you’ll be sure to pick up something of value even if you don’t get his highly recommended book Speed it Up! A Non-Technical Guide for Speeding Up Slow Computers
We also spend a lot of time with our good friend Jay “Geek Trivia” Garmon, who informs us that WRLR now has an exclusive lock on the Geek Trivia output from Louisville!
In addition to all of that excitement, we’ve got our cool sites of the week:
- Panda Cloud Antivirus – Free, light, outstanding quality? Wow, how better to sum up what we look for in a cool site of the week! Get your hands on this necessary piece of software and protect your computer today …
- Windows Live SkyDrive – More very cool microsoft cloud stuff, this gives you 25GB of free online space. That’s right, that’s a capital G for giga and a lower-case f for free! You’ll need an office live account, but guess what? Those are free too!