Posts tagged PC
TOPIC: Both Dave and Mike get to opine about their individual idea of where the tablet wars will go, and have fun discussing the differences between geeks, nerds, and ne’er-do-wells! Plus Dave shares his ongoing love (and deep fear) of the hacking group Anonymous!
Jay Garmon leaves us for Dragoncon, though we’re sure we’ll talk to him again soon. That still leaves us time for a couple of cool cool sites this week:
- Plan B – Lost your phone? Forgot to install tracking stuff on it? No worries, go for plan B!
- Runkeeper Importer – Bring that Nike+ data straight into Runkeeper if you’re ready to make the switch like I was!
The podcast only song of the week is “One way ticket to the moon” by Dave Stewart!
TOPIC: Author and musician Mike Miller comes back to the show to talk to us about making the most out of that ‘dying’ PC. If you’re debating whether you should upgrade to a newer piece of equipment or if it’s possible to squeeze some more useful life out of what you’ve got, you’ll want to listen in this week! His tips and insight are also good in general, and you’ll be sure to pick up something of value even if you don’t get his highly recommended book Speed it Up! A Non-Technical Guide for Speeding Up Slow Computers
We also spend a lot of time with our good friend Jay “Geek Trivia” Garmon, who informs us that WRLR now has an exclusive lock on the Geek Trivia output from Louisville!
In addition to all of that excitement, we’ve got our cool sites of the week:
- Panda Cloud Antivirus – Free, light, outstanding quality? Wow, how better to sum up what we look for in a cool site of the week! Get your hands on this necessary piece of software and protect your computer today …
- Windows Live SkyDrive – More very cool microsoft cloud stuff, this gives you 25GB of free online space. That’s right, that’s a capital G for giga and a lower-case f for free! You’ll need an office live account, but guess what? Those are free too!
TOPIC: March 28 – iolo Technologies’ Director of Product Business Management Kraig Lane joins us with a special podcast only sweet deal! Here’s what you do: First, listen to the show and hear about how you can crank up the speed on your PC, protect yourself from malicious attacks, enjoy “Stress Awareness Month” and Earth Day, and catch the answer (and new question) from the ubiquitous Jay Garmon!
Then, head on over to iolo.com and look at all the cool stuff they’ve got to offer. Between now and Saturday, April 25th, if you buy System Mechanic and enter the code “GreenPC” you will get 40% off the purchase price! Due to FCC restrictions, we couldn’t give you details over the air (or in the podcast) but since you’ve paid attention and found it here, have at it!
Topping that off, we bring you 3 coolsites of the week this week:
- FREE Amazon Indie music for download (and no DRM!)
- The Applian FREE audio/visual automatic web recording toolbar
- And now that you’ve got all this cool tunes to play, the Yahoo! media player to embed them on your website or myspace page!
Once you’re done checking that out, make sure and sign up for the newsletter – everyone on the mailing list is automatically included in the continuing GIVEAWAYS we’ve got going on! Over the next several months we’ll be giving away copies of Mike Miller’s book “Speed It Up!“, iFrogz DJ Headphones, and more … keep tuning us in to find out what!
Then you’ll definitely want to listen to our podcast only song of the week, which this week goes out to fallen hero Bob Weinger – he’s the son of one of Mike’s friends, and recently gave his life in Iraq. Listen to Bukky Leo’s rendition of “Why Can’t We Live Together.“