Posts tagged organization
TOPIC: Jim Gemmell scares the h-e-double hockey sticks out of Dave and our station manager when he talks about how the e-memory revolution, lifelogging, and cloud-based information storage is going to change your life! He and Gordon Bell, both of Microsoft, have written a not-so-little book called “Total Recall,” and we really get into the nitty-gritty of what the coming decade could mean to you – and how you can get ahead of the curve now!
HOMEWORK – yes, this week you’ve got some homework! In addition to Jay Garmon‘s trivia puzzler, please send an email to email@example.com or leave us a voicemail at 847-984-0847 with one or both of these:
- YOUR prediction for technology in 2010
- YOUR top pick website/app/gadget whatever from 2009
Hopefully we’ll get enough responses to make for a really fun Saturday AM show!
Capping off this great pre-xmas ‘cast are some really great cool sites:
- NirSoft Network Utilities – Looking for some quick (and free) fixes for some typical network issues, like missing passwords, wifi finders, and the like? This is a GREAT place to start!
- TechNibble USB Repair Kit – Have a feeling you’re going to get hit up to fix relative’s computers this holiday? Why should this year be any different from the last one! Here’s an all-in-one wonder kit that you can slip in your pocket to fix the most common issues you’ll see at Uncle Bob’s desk.
The quite awesome podcast only song of the week this week is “I Am In Love With You” by Imogen Heap!
TOPIC: This week it’s just Dave and Mike hanging out and trying to figure out ways that Mike’s cold won’t interfere with the show. Riiiiiicolaaaaa! Mike does spend some time opining about the beauty of using Evernote to completely digitize your life – and breaks out three questions you need to really make it work for you: Will a digital version of your sentimental items be acceptable long-term? Do you have the assurance of permanence with your digitized items that is equivalent or greater than the physical? Can you find (and use) the item easier digitally than physically?
Plus you’ll want to go read this article by Mike Elgan of Computerworld, it’s got some great tips too!
Jay “Geek Trivia” Garmon adds to the fun, giving us another installment of his fantastic info – this week with a very apropos Star Trek theme! After all that, we also manage to have time to get you the cool sites of the week:
- Recipe Puppy – Got a couple of cool things in the pantry, but not sure what to do with them? Recipe Puppy to the rescue! With this site you’ll never have to wonder what you should be making again!
- 50 Totally Free Lessons in Design Theory – Even if you don’t have ‘designs’ on being a professional graphic artist, these tutorials and instructional bits will get your creative juices flowing!
The podcast only song of the week this week is Dino Lenny’s “Call Me (in a club)”.