Posts tagged money
TOPIC: Longtime listener and friend of the show, Steve Stewart of MoneyPlanSOS comes on to help you “pay attention, not interest!” Steve is a great guest, an interesting guy and a podcaster of his own (check it out at moneyplansos.com). We have a blast, with Dave “Sparky” Saganaki and Jay Garmon joining us, doling out insight and trivia:
What arguably non-science-fiction author is credited with first proposing augmented reality glasses?
- MoneyPlanSOS – Questions about finances, or getting out of debt? Tune in to guest Steve Stewart as he shares his wealth of experience and tips for getting you back on track!
No time for any other coolsites or music of the week, so just enjoy as we fade to black on this awesome episode …
TOPIC: Dave and Mike get to talk to Jeff Trachsel of NextWorth this week, and discuss how NextWorth can help you trade up (or at least get rid of) all that tech junk you’ve been collecting!
We also talk about Macintosh’s malicious malware that has descended on fully 600,000 of you supercilious, overconfident apple fanboys! (And yes, Mike does take a load of special joy out of this occurrence). Between that and Google glasses discussions we wind up missing out on Jay Garmon but he does send along a trivia question to keep us thinking for a week or two:
What is the first recognized software Easter egg — one that’s 45 years old?
We also get some great coolsites of the week in:
- DailyDislike – Exactly what it sounds like … tell people what you hate today!
- White Pages Neighborhoods – See who lives next to you! Phone numbers, addresses, and kids names … a little creepy perhaps but ultrauseful!
- Search EBooks – Great place to find downloadable copyright free e-Books and documents!
- HypeMachine – Great place (and app) to find new music!
The podcast only song of the week is “Mister LittleJeans” by Runaway.
TOPIC: No, we’re not going to rewrite Olivia Newton John’s masterpiece of pop and legwarmers – instead, we’ve got Dan Newman from MapLight.org on to talk to us about how they are helping voters, constituents,and anyone interested in getting the real scoop on how money and pols mix and match!
Jay Garmon blows us away as usual with his Geek Trivia question:
What did Apple do with all those extra Lisa’s?
And then we’ve got some really great coolsites of the week:
- CHOW.com – Need a little extra help in the kitchen? CHOW will at least show you what you’re doing wrong!
- MajicJack – Awesomely cheap phone calls using voip! Note this isn’t a free option, but it’s low cost enough to make the list, just like …
- WebTel – Make cheap international calls right from your cell phone with webtel! Again, not free like our usual coolsites, but darn close!
If you’re feeling a little MIA, then the podcast only song of the week will make you happy – listen to ‘Queen Dot Kong’ by Do!