Posts tagged history
The longest, most intense Kids Talk Tech … ‘evah! Listen to Olivia as she discusses history, video games, spelling bees, spelling apps (look out for the big SBC!), and more!
- Superbowl weekend coming up, and there’s lots of ways for us cord cutters to watch …
- Don’t brick that iPhone!
- Bernie’s Tinder supporter crowd is getting left-swiped right out of the election!
- Windows 8 support ending
Cool sites of the Week
- Frontier Heroes – Awesome history-based game for both iOS and Android!
- ColorHexa – Trying to figure out that web color? Need the complementary for design? Check it out!
- Bootply – If you’re working with the bootstrap framework, or designing web or mobile apps at all, you’ll want to check this out – it’s a great place to play and test code without fear of breaking anything!
Podcast Only Song of the Week
A special song just for Olivia: “Monopoly Loser” by Alice on The Roof!
TOPIC: If you are interested in hearing the REAL story of one of the greatest innovators and inventors of our time, you’ll want to queue this ‘cast up in your playlist immediately! We have a great time with W. Bernard Carlson as he joins us to discuss his new book “Tesla: Inventor of the Electrical Age.” Although he may have had some mental short circuits, Telsa fought against all resistance, and through a shocking turn of alternating events became among the most important of current day figures. OK, OK enough of the puns (no, wait, I’ve got one left – Contrary to rumor, Tesla never become a zen master, crying “Ohm” all day!). Seriously, this was a phenomenal interview and a great book. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
We even get some time in with Jay Garmon and discuss this tantalizing tidbit of timely trivia:
What was the last piece of equipment put into orbit by the space shuttle program?
We don’t get time for any real coolsites, but these are some links you should connect to:
- TeslaInnovation – W. Bernard Carlson’s website, with links about the book, and even more detail and info about Tesla himself!
- Van Buren & Wells – You won’t find this local Chicago band’s CD on Amazon or at your local Borders … yet … but you should definitely keep an eye on them!
As you may be able to tell from that last coolsite of the week, the tune of the week is “Wasted Time Blues” by Van Buren & Wells!