Posts tagged food
TOPIC: That’s right, Mike is talking turkey in this special post-Thanksgiving pre-Cyber Monday show! Not only does Mike describe how he Alton-Browned the heck out of that bird, but you get some great prep coupon apps for your holiday shopping!
Jay “Encyclopedia Garmonica” returns with one answer and a new question, plus breaks down how things are going at the mid-season break for all the geek shows you should be watching (Warehouse 13, Grimm, Fringe, Supernatural and more!). The question he asks is:
In what US city, and for what reason, was the term “Black Friday” first used to describe the day after Thanksgiving?
We even crank out a couple cool sites of the week!
- ConTXTs – Ever wound up somewhere with no business cards, and desperately need one? Want to send your contact info to a bunch of people at once? Check out ConTXTs and have them text your ID to 50500 and immediately receive your contact info! Works with any phone with SMS.
- SearchResearch – Fun Google search puzzles that will be sure to test your searchability (and maybe learn you something too)!
- TwistyNoodle – A seemingly limitless and well selected set of coloring pages and fun sheets for kids!
The podcast only song of the week is “The Drumming Sound” by Florence and the Machine.
TOPIC: This week it’s just Dave and Mike hanging out and trying to figure out ways that Mike’s cold won’t interfere with the show. Riiiiiicolaaaaa! Mike does spend some time opining about the beauty of using Evernote to completely digitize your life – and breaks out three questions you need to really make it work for you: Will a digital version of your sentimental items be acceptable long-term? Do you have the assurance of permanence with your digitized items that is equivalent or greater than the physical? Can you find (and use) the item easier digitally than physically?
Plus you’ll want to go read this article by Mike Elgan of Computerworld, it’s got some great tips too!
Jay “Geek Trivia” Garmon adds to the fun, giving us another installment of his fantastic info – this week with a very apropos Star Trek theme! After all that, we also manage to have time to get you the cool sites of the week:
- Recipe Puppy – Got a couple of cool things in the pantry, but not sure what to do with them? Recipe Puppy to the rescue! With this site you’ll never have to wonder what you should be making again!
- 50 Totally Free Lessons in Design Theory – Even if you don’t have ‘designs’ on being a professional graphic artist, these tutorials and instructional bits will get your creative juices flowing!
The podcast only song of the week this week is Dino Lenny’s “Call Me (in a club)”.