Posts tagged audio
TOPIC: Quality Warning – the first 15 minutes have some crackle and pops, so don’t adjust your audio. They do go away after that!
Dave and Mike have a great time discussing Spotify apps, and then get back into that whole android vs. iPad discussion, which is particularly relevant to Mike as he anxiously awaits the arrival of his new iPad next week. The Hugo-adjacent Jay Garmon joins us for some intelligent repartee and asks the following question of the week:
What star is the reference for the apparent magnitude scale of celestial brightness?
Coolsites of the week include:
- YourLogicalFallacyIs – Wondering why that argument you’re having online seems to be going in circles? Need a quick way to tell someone exactly why they’re wrong? This is the site for you!
- SpotFlux – Protect your data by using spotflux whenever you’re in a non-protected wifi environment! Free VPN.
The podcast only song of the week is the pleasingly retro “On Board” by Friendly Fires.
TOPIC: Mike talks healthcare and mobility and more with Steve Rosen and Jeremy Hillman of Proximiti Communications! This doesn’t happen of course until after we get a rant in about why not to get a satellite radio, how Mike supports the Pats and a sad update regarding Micron’s CEO Steve Appleton’s tragic Plane crash.
Jay “Encyclopedia Garmonica” saves us from ourselves with not only the answer to last week’s question, but a great (and tough) new one:
Of the people that stand to make the most from facebook IPO, 3 people besides founders stand to make millions. Who are they?
We have such a great conversation there’s no time left over for coolsites, except these:
- Proximiti Consulting – Steve and Jeremy’s home! If you’re looking for more detail on what we discussed on-air, or ways that you can more effectively integrate mobility solutions and mobile device management into your organization, Proxmiti is a great place to start – You can contact Steve Rosen at 847-512-7896 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NFL.com – One of the only legal sites to watch the big game this weekend
The podcast only song of the week is “Hit ‘em Up Style” by Carolina Chocolate Drops.
TOPIC: Mike and Dave miss our good buddy Jay Garmon, but have a lot of fun anyways debating Pandora vs. Slacker vs. iTunes and your personal music collection … and whatever you pick now it’s all shared on Facebook, for better or worse! We get into some browser wars, security and police, and then find a little time for coolsites of the week:
- Desmos Graphing Calculator – Quick and easy, great looking graphs from your functions and data points; almost enough to make even Mike look smart!
- Stickman – A great game for those of us whose drawing ability is stuck at about 2nd grade!
- Google Flights – Searching, planes, airlines, prices. Perfect!
- Hipmunk – Great mobile and web app for finding not just the cheapest, but the best flights!
The podcast only song of the week this week is “Hang Me Up to Dry” by The Cold War Kids!
TOPIC: Dave and Mike get a little bit freaked out by the WiFi hacking neighbor from hell story, and a little more by the fact that Netflix is changing! Better yet, Spotify finally hits the US (if you want an invite, email Mike at email@example.com).
Then there’s the always outstanding geek trivia from our good friend Jay Garmon:
Apollo 10 astronauts gave what unconventional call signs to their lunar and command modules, marking the last time astronauts were allowed to provide the names?
As if that wasn’t enough, we also get a couple of great coolsites of the week in with:
- DIYorNot? – Not sure if you should tackle that project on your own? Check this site out to know for sure!
- BetterPropoganda – Get your Indie fix on here, with stuff that’s new and cool and free to listen to and download!
The podcast only song of the week is “Migosa” by Amadou and Maryam. Enjoy!