Posts tagged anonymous
TOPIC: Between your favorite porn site storing all passwords and credit card numbers in clear text and PayPal trying to take a bite out of e-book porn, it’s been a rough week for those in the rough trade … not only that but our favorite nemesis Anonymous becomes not quite so anonymous anymore (and with a Chicago connection to boot!).
Jay Garmon attempts to pull us out of the sludge with a great conversation on the relative merits of tablets, and gives us this fantastic trivia question:
Who got lucky (and wealthy) because the US Air Force recovered a hydrogen bomb on St. Patrick’s day – March 17 – 1966?
Dave kicks off our coolsites of the week this week with a great one, and Mike adds a few of his own:
- Unblock-US – Pass your IP through to pretend you’re linking in from another country (great for our repressed friends from those nasty countries with restrictive firewalls!) … note that this may have a fee associated depending on the usage.
- Universal Scale – Lets you dive down from Planck length all the way up to universe sized glimpses, in a beautifully put together and interactive flash app!
- Jelli Radio – A great alternative to the other major streaming radio stations, plus a direct hit into all the best SXSW performers! Both the web and the mobile versions give you social control of the music too … very cool stuff!
The podcast only song of the week is “Always Something” by Cage the Elephant.
TOPIC: Both Dave and Mike get to opine about their individual idea of where the tablet wars will go, and have fun discussing the differences between geeks, nerds, and ne’er-do-wells! Plus Dave shares his ongoing love (and deep fear) of the hacking group Anonymous!
Jay Garmon leaves us for Dragoncon, though we’re sure we’ll talk to him again soon. That still leaves us time for a couple of cool cool sites this week:
- Plan B – Lost your phone? Forgot to install tracking stuff on it? No worries, go for plan B!
- Runkeeper Importer – Bring that Nike+ data straight into Runkeeper if you’re ready to make the switch like I was!
The podcast only song of the week is “One way ticket to the moon” by Dave Stewart!