Posts tagged 2010
TOPIC: This week we have a blast coming up with our predictions for 2010! Jay Garmon even throws in a few of his own! So here’s the big list of TechTalk predictions for 2010:
- Tablets come into their own – but not until near the end of the year
- Somebody gets busted and fined/jailed or otherwise penalized specifically for ebook piracy
- The RIAA on the other hand mellows and figures some way to deal with the new economy
- Ubiquitous internet access will become just that – truly everywhere, even car-based mobile hotspots
- Nanotech will make it’s value seen in surgery and/or medicine in general
- Robotic limbs will be permanently attached to a person
- Internet streaming to your TV still won’t make the prime-time cut … but maybe 2011
- Plasma TV’s will gasp their last breath
- 3D video will be the big ‘wait until next year’ letdown
- A major wireless carrier will get government assistance to expand or support their wireless cell or broadband network
Jay Garmon‘s Geek Trivia – drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 847-984-0847 if you know the answer to this week’s question!
In what Arthur Conan Doyle book from the original canon of works did Sherlock Holmes first utter the memorable words “Elementary, my dear Watson!”
Tune in next week for the answer!
And of course we wouldn’t leave you without some great cool sites of the week:
- Lake County Health Inspections – OK, I know usually these have more universal appeal, but I couldn’t stop myself from sharing this … it’s a listing of all the past year’s health inspections done on restaurants in the Lake County area! Find out where that salad or taco has been before you bite into it!
- ThinkExist – There’s a lot of places out there to find quotes, but few are as comprehensive and easy to use as this one … if you’re looking for just the right rejoinder, appropriate aphorism, or quotable … um … quote, this is a great place to look!
Our podcast only song of the week this week is The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir singing “… and the horse you rode in on”!