Ep. 268 – iPad, uPad, we all Pad!May 10, 2012
Ep. 270 – 50 Shades of FaradayJune 5, 2012
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (58.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
TOPIC: That’s right, tablets so easy even an orangutan can use them! Teaching an old orang tech may be just as difficult as getting your parents to stop inappropriately tweeting however … We also cover all the class action and other tech suits that seem to be all the rage this week. Between google and oracle, and all you ipod owners and Apple (you mean you didn’t realize you were suing Apple? Now you know!). After some more Ebook pricing discussion and a comparison of reading Ebooks on kindle vs ipad, Jay Garmon give us this stumper:
What special version of chess was the first version ever played by a computer?
Coolsites of the week are !
- SF Signal – In the ‘Podcasts better than this one’ category … don’t stop listening to us, but by all means you should be listening to SF Signal too!
- Draw Something (iOS, Android) – Tablet only game that lets you play virtual pictionary against strangers. More fun than it sounds!
- OnLive Desktop (iOS, Android) – Windows 7 desktop for your iPad! Upload docs to the OnLive cloud for editing and management.
- CloudOn (iOS) – Lets you edit and use Office2010 docs and apps, but doesn’t force you to use their cloud to do it! You can connect with dropbox, box, or google docs!
- Pocket (iOS) – Save websites, pictures and articles for later, offline reading. Similar to the more popular Instapaper, but more seamlessly integrated and usable IMHO.
The podcast only song of the week is “Somebody That I Used to Know” by Gotye.
[ad code=5 align=center]