Archive for February, 2012
TOPIC: Mike, Dave and ubergeek Jay Garmon have a great time this week talking books, authors, new publishing ideas and leap years! It doesn’t hurt that Jay has just returned from (yet another) really cool fiction con to rub our noses in. 🙂
Leap years and leap days are so much fun that we enhance our enjoyment with a themed geek trivia question from Jay Garmon who asks:
What day in February is the day that was actually inserted into the month for leap year, that by result creates February 29th? (Hint: it’s not February 29!)
Another great set of coolsites comes along this week too:
- PlayFic – Play and make your own text adventures!
- Etymonline.com – Online etymologies at your fingertips!
- OldTime Radio Archive – Radio classics, free and available for download!
The podcast only song of the week is “Female Doctor” by Miniature Tigers.
TOPIC: That’s right, Mike attempts to outtrivia Jay “Geek Trivia” Garmon himself this week with an intro that’s all about the 50th anniversary of the world’s first video game! We spend a little time discussing Steve Jobs – the FBI files, but then of course, Jay has a great mindbender of his own in store:
What long awaited space disaster occurred two years ago, and which countries were involved?
We FINALLY get to some real coolsites of the week again:
- LMGTFY.com – Or “Let Me Google That For You” is a rather rude, but definitely hilarious way to let people know they should stop bugging you with dumb questions and let a computer handle it …
- Evernote Hello – If you’ve got an iPhone and Evernote, this visual contact app is for you! Almost makes Mike wish HE had an iPhone! (almost)
- Snooze for iPhone – Want some motivation to either stop or keep hitting snooze tomorrow? Try this “snooze for charity” app for your iPhone (when is mike gonna get an iPhone?)!
- Ms. Tiina Free Fonts – Because Mike loves fonts … and free. And he really loves fonts. Really.
The podcast only song of the week is “Hit ’em Up Style” by Carolina Chocolate Drops (again).
TOPIC: Mike talks healthcare and mobility and more with Steve Rosen and Jeremy Hillman of Proximiti Communications! This doesn’t happen of course until after we get a rant in about why not to get a satellite radio, how Mike supports the Pats and a sad update regarding Micron’s CEO Steve Appleton’s tragic Plane crash.
Jay “Encyclopedia Garmonica” saves us from ourselves with not only the answer to last week’s question, but a great (and tough) new one:
Of the people that stand to make the most from facebook IPO, 3 people besides founders stand to make millions. Who are they?
We have such a great conversation there’s no time left over for coolsites, except these:
- Proximiti Consulting – Steve and Jeremy’s home! If you’re looking for more detail on what we discussed on-air, or ways that you can more effectively integrate mobility solutions and mobile device management into your organization, Proxmiti is a great place to start – You can contact Steve Rosen at 847-512-7896 or via email email@example.com.
- NFL.com – One of the only legal sites to watch the big game this weekend 🙂
The podcast only song of the week is “Hit ’em Up Style” by Carolina Chocolate Drops.