Archive for June, 2011
TOPIC: Google’s got robot cars roaming the highways and by-ways of America! Mike and Dave discuss this and more on this week’s episode. Plus, Jay Garmon tells us why you should sign up for Conglomeration.net today, and then throws this humdinger at us:
What two movies created by a famous Hollywood geek pushed the PG rating so far that the MPAA created PG-13?
Just time for a couple of coolsites this week, with:
- DeliveReads– Get curated news delivered to your kindle weekly, automatically, freely!
- Brain Workshop – Based on some of the newest brain research going on, these games are sure to keep you busy if not smarter!
Podcast only song of the week is “When I’m Wrong” by Weep.
TOPIC: Bike accidents and lack of sleep don’t keep Mike and Dave from providing you a great show! Of course, our awesome guests – VaporStream President and CEO Jack Hembrough and IT Harvest industry analyst Richard Stiennon (and author of the book “Surviving Cyberwar”) – certainly don’t hurt as they inform us on ways to secure our communication and keep from having our own personal version of “Wiener-gate.” Though, if you do, you’ll automatically be entered into the Blundies, so you’d have that to look forward to!
Jay Garmon provides a fun discussion and this question:
What part of Spaceship 1 actually left orbit, and how did it get there?
We do get a couple coolsites in there too, with these:
- Join.me – About the easiest screensharing service we’ve seen, from LogMeIn!
- XNConvert – Converts any to any graphics, plus lets you resize and more!
Podcast only song of the week is the brand new “Sad Song” by The Cars.
TOPIC: Dave and Mike try to figure out how many bitcoins make a kilocoin, which somehow leads Mike into (yet another) rant on Amazon and the public education system … a deep, deep rant on the public education system. But don’t turn that dial just yet, there’s even more great stuff to listen to!
Jay Garmon joins us again and asks the question:
What two major game console manufacturers almost collaborated on a game unit?
We do deliver on the coolsite front this week again too:
- Nemo Documents – Document storage and retrieval by date!
- Quick Forget – Set an expiration date for that email or message link!
And we end with the podcast only song of the week “Buildings and Mountains” by the Republic Tigers!
TOPIC: Mike gets a little giddy with his new Samsung Galaxy phone (provided by Boost Mobile), but Dave brings him back to Earth with a few ripping good tales of bad security!
Our good friend Jay Garmon comes on with even more trivia and insight than we usually get:
What memorials were designed and built into spacecrafts Spirit and Opportunity before they launched for Mars?
We deliver on the coolsite front this week too:
- MyScriptFont – Make a font out of your own handwiting!
- Cacoo – Don’t need no Visio, go Cacoo! Do you Cacoo?
- Prezi – A perennial favorite, we mention it yet again on this episode as a Powerpoint killer.
And we end with the old-school podcast only song of the week “Papa Don’t Take No Mess” by James Brown!