Archive for February, 2011
TOPIC: No Dave, but lots of discussion about the new Verizon iPhone, the Motorola Zoom tablet vs. the soon to be ubiquitous iPad 2, and then our good friend Jay Garmon comes on to not only discuss ebooks and copyright materials for a while, but then zings us with another great trivia question:
What element of retiring space shuttle equipment will any school be able to purchase for less than $50 (including shipping)?
Of course you get some awesome cool sites of the week too:
- SlickScreen – Allows you to put up multiple webpages and applications with just the right size and position!
- Greplin – Searches not just your desktop, it searches the cloud … all your apps and links and social networking at once!
And we end with the podcast only song of “Drunk Girls” off of LCD Soundsystem’s final album (ever)!
TOPIC: Dave is with us one more cold week before he escapes to Jamaica, and we get in a great discussion about playing jeopardy, net neutrality, and more!
Our good friend Jay Garmon joins us in our Jeopardy discussion and adds this bit of trivia goodness:
What is the maximum dollar amount that is theoretically possible to win on the hit game show Jeopardy?
We then hit you with a few awesome coolsites of the day:
- DropEvent – Create photo galleries for group events!
- WeTransfer – Transfer big files easily, quickly, no muss no fuss!
- FaceCrooks – Check out the latest and greatest (worstest?) FaceBook scams out there!
And we end with the podcast only song of “I Lost on Jeopardy” by Weird Al Yankovic!
TOPIC: Mike flies mainly solo today, discussing a wide range of things, including most notably the top malware to beware of courtesy of McAfee!
Jay Garmon can’t come on personally, but provides us with the answer to last week and a new way to entertain and educate with this trivia twister:
What world-famous web site activated it’s domain name on Valentine’s day 2005?
There’s even time for a few great coolsites of the week!
- MaComfort – Make that irritating PC interface look as mac-ey as it can!
- Comic Master – Easy to learn and use make your own comic book app for you or the kids!
- Office Training – Very in-depth training and reference guides for Office 2010 and 2007.
- RunKeeper – Free running and tracking app for your iPhone!
Podcast only song this week is Not a Love Song by Uh Huh Her!
TOPIC: Dave and Mike have a GREAT time with return victim … errm, guest that is, Mike Miller! He talks to us about his new book Facebook for Grownups (or as I like to call it – “Facebook for Old Folks”).
This wouldn’t really be TechTalk without our good friend Jay Garmon as he asks us this toughy:
What classic board game was used by the Allies to help rescue POW’s during WWII?
We wind up with just enough time for a few coolsites of the day – enjoy!
- Art Project by Google – What can’t Google do? Check out some fine art up close and personal – without leaving your seat!
Podcast only song this week is Static Waves by Andrew Bell feat. Katie Herzig!