Archive for December, 2010
TOPIC: Mike and Dave get together for the final show of 2010 to do our usual shtick of news, views, interviews and reviews! We have the great pleasure of Karen Sohl of Cisco Consumer Products joining us to discuss the new router tech, how it’ll help you get all your media connected at home, and why you should think about upgrading that reliable (but older) router now! We talk specifically about the new Linksys E2000, E3000 and Cisco Valet Plus routers, so if you’re interested in any of these you’ll definitely want to tune in!
In addition to that – as if it weren’t enough – we get Jay Garmon onto ask the burning question(s) of the week:
Where were the crowd noises being used for the new movie Tron Legacy sourced?
Believe it or not, we even manage to find time for one great coolsites of the week, courtesy of Lou from Australia:
- Hop Shop & Go – Provides International shoppers a legit US address so that you can patronize those online merchants that won’t ship out of the country!
And of course no show would be complete without the podcast only song of the week – This week we heat things up with Passport Feat. Sciryl by Turnstylz!
TOPIC: Mike and Dave try to answer this question – and a few others – as we spend some quality time during one of Dave’s more and more infrequent appearances! We wind up with a great show, covering a huge amount of news, views, and reviews, plus we work hard at knocking your socks – or maybe your ears, or possibly just your backpacks – off with the ultracool, iSafe security backpack alarm … check out their home page at www.isafebags.com or find one to buy at our Amazon link.
What does it mean when there’s no guest? Lots of time for coolsites of the week:
- Map Envelope – Want to make sure everyone’s got your address for that party? Map envelope prints a foldable envelope you can use to send the invitation!
- Mint Data – Tells you what’s hot in your area, as well as what people are generally paying for stuff and more!
- Program a Backup Keyless Entry – Yep, exactly what it sounds like … can save a bunch of dough for you DIY’ers out there!
And of course no show would be complete without the podcast only song of the week – Pacey Singer by A. Human!
TOPIC: Dave goes out for a charity shuffle/run, leaving Mike to enjoy our special guest Denise Terry from SafetyWeb discussing cyberbullying and sexting; some great ways to manage your kids’ online activity without spying!
Additionally, Jay Garmon provides us not one but two great geek trivia of the day questions
What cult classic tabletop game inspired the “Day of the Ninja” December 5th?
What year did Consolidated Edison Electric Company stop supplying DC power directly to buildings in Manhattan?
We top that off with a couple of great coolsites of the week:
- FiveBooks – Become an instant expert in whatever field you choose – you’ll get the top 5 books recommended by experts!
- Milo – Local shopping tip site tells you the best price you’ll be able to find locally … at home and mobile!
- VoiceBase – record and store recordings of your voice conversations and make them searchable!
And of course no show would be complete without the podcast only song of the week – Skip The Youth by Frightened Rabbit.