Ep. 150 – The Software Craftmanship Manifesto
TOPIC: Anyone that’s ever been touched by bad code will NEED to tune in this week! Doug Bradbury from 8thlight comes in to spend an hour with us and share the deep scoop on The Software Craftmanship Manifesto – a listing of do’s and don’ts for programmers world-wide and a method to nurture mastery in the programmer, develop creative collaboration in small developer teams, and enhance communications with the customer.
He incidentally also winds up subbing in quite adequately for a missing Jay Garmon!
Some extra links around this topic include:
- The software craftsmanship google group – http://groups.google.com/group/software_craftsmanship
- February conference held in London – http://parlezuml.com/blog/?postid=789
- The book by Pete McBreen – Software Craftmanship: The New Imperative
- Limelight programming framework for Ruby (by 8thlight) – http://limelight.8thlight.com
We make time for our coolsites of the week, and roll out some good ones!
- CSVEd - One very cool, useful and free utility to have in your bag … edit any csv file any way you need to, including easy export to XLS, XML, and others!
- BusinessCardStar – This one is for everyone looking for a job, freelancers, or anyone who needs an easy way to share all your contact information. You can make free, professional and cool looking business cards here – choose to print them out yourself or get them printed profesionally for a small fee!
As always we close out with the podcast only song of the week is the rocking “Kid on My Shoulders” by White Rabbit.
|Print article||This entry was posted by TechTalk on June 3, 2009 at 12:55 PM, and is filed under interview, podcast. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
No trackbacks yet.
about 5 months ago - No comments
TOPIC: Peter Mahoney of Nuance and Dragon Naturally Speaking fame comes on-air today to discuss the ins and outs of Voice Recognition software and technology, and gives listeners a phenomenal insight to not just the tech, but the business and history! If you’ve ever wondered where those hidden Markov models went to, or then again, even…
about 1 year ago - 2 comments
TOPIC: Dave and Mike have a great time, joined by John MacCormick discussing his new book “9 Algorithms That Changed the Future”! John breaks down the basics of everything from Euclid’s algorithm to modern day cryptography, web search and compression and somehow makes it accessible and easy to understand. If you’ve ever been mystified and…
about 1 year ago - No comments
TOPIC: Mike and Dave miss our good buddy Jay Garmon, but have a lot of fun anyways debating Pandora vs. Slacker vs. iTunes and your personal music collection … and whatever you pick now it’s all shared on Facebook, for better or worse! We get into some browser wars, security and police, and then find…
about 3 years ago - 4 comments
TOPIC: After geeking out with Jay Garmon on comic book to movie conversion (among other things), Chad Gniffke gets on the line with us to discuss the uber-cool IT Toolkit from Kaseya. Whether you’ve got 2 computers at home you want to manage, or running a couple hundred in offices across the country Kaseya’s got…
about 3 years ago - 1 comment
about 3 years ago - 2 comments
Additional comments powered by BackType